Holidays on a walker farm
Do you dream of catching a glance of snow-capped mountain peaks? Do you like to forget the monotony of everyday life whilst out walking
? Do you want to explore nature on foot and then enjoy a hearty meal afterwards? Yes? Then you should try a holiday on a walking farm
in South Tyrol. Whether you aim to conquer mountain peaks or prefer to explore the area on a more leisurely basis, you will find a real walkers‘ and climbers‘ paradise between the Brenner pass and the Salurner Klause. Set off from the farm: simply open the door and go! Have you got itchy feet yet?
The following criteria have to be observed in order for a farm to be classified as a ‚walker friendly farm‘:
- the farm has to be on a marked path or very close to one
- bed and breakfast, half-board or holiday flats with breakfast are on offer
- there is an airing room for walking boots and equipment
- guests can stay for just one night if they want
- packed lunches can be provided on request containing at least two of the farm’s own products
- the farms offer once-weekly guided walks
The South Tyrolean Farmers‘ Union monitors the observation of these criteria.
Besides taking a holiday on a walker-friendly farm, there are other ways to get to know the rural world of South Tyrol. Simply take a look at the nine other types of holiday on offer.