- the farm is a working farm
- the steepness of the terrain is evident and can be seen from the farm
- the farm is at an altitude of at least 1,500m above sea level
- the farm is in an isolated position
- the furniture and doors are made of solid wood and the curtains are of natural fabric
- the farm’s own products are available all year round and breakfast can be provided on request
- the farm family has a good knowledge of walking routes in the local area
- guests can be picked up from the station or from other public transport system stops on request
The South Tyrolean Farmers’ Union will ensure that these criteria are observed.
Holidays on high altitude mountain farms are just one way of staying on a farm in South Tyrol. Find out about the additional types of holiday on offer.